4 years after v6, after weeks of pre-releases and months of beta of its main new features and continuous feedback from the community, REAPER v7 is out ! 🎉
There is a lots of new things in this release, and lots of optimization / bug fixes which are always very welcome. There is a lot to explore, and sometimes, it is just one single line in changelog which can make the difference for a part of the users base (like having 128 channels per tracks, which is useful for people mixing in ATMOS).
Main new features are FX Containers, Track Lanes & Swipe Comping. These are showcased in Kenny’s video about REAPER 7.
For general question about REAPER v7 and minor appearance changes tweaking, you can check reaperblog FAQ video:
I’m so used yet to not have containers and to use take system that I am not sure how it will be integrated in my workflow but this is for sure very interesting. And some things I had requested have been integrated so I am quite happy. 😉
Of course, every REAPER users have his own personal list of feature requests which didn’t make it, so maybe for a next time, if we are lucky 🤞. Among these, I would have love to see:
- Thumbnail for video items, as seen in video editor (current workaround use script, but not optimum)
- Ripple edit from item edges, which can be very nice for podcast. (current workaround is amagalma’s dedicated script)
- Some kind of Track Sticking or Split Arrange View, to be able to keep some tracks on top
- MPE and PolyAfter Touch better editing in the MIDI Editor (any MIDI editor enhancements is nice)
- and few other less impressive things but which would be very nice anyway (Colored piano roll, Items notes always visible at scroll etc…)
I invite you to support these threads if you are interesting by these as well!
Meanwhile, you can find more about this v7 release, on REAPER website, linked below!